Lemon grass abundantly grown in the Philippines it is widely used as spice in Philippine cooking. Lemon grass is locally known to us Filipinos as tanglad (Citronella Grass). The Lemon grass is the number one additive to chicken tinola a famous recipe in cooking chicken. Most of us did not know the health benefits of Lemon grass in this article we discuss some health benefits that we must know.
Lemon grass is beneficial in many ways; continue to know more about the health benefits provided by lemon grass. Lemon grass has antibacterial and antifungal properties which help to deal with lot of health problems. It is the herb which is used in many homes to cope mainly with cough, cold and fever. However, lots of people are unaware that this wonderful herb can provide lots of health benefits.
Health Benefits of Lemon Grass:
• It contains an antibacterial and antifungal properties
• It helps to detoxify the liver, pancreas, kidney, bladder and the digestive tract.
• Helps boost the immune system
• Helps reduce uric acid, cholesterol, excess fats
• It helps alleviates indigestion and gastroenteritis.
• Helps improve the skin by reducing acne and pimples
• It helps tone the muscle and tissues.
• Helps to cope with fever
• Helps battle with cough and cold
• Helps battle with stress
• Makes battle with high blood pressure easier
• It help lowers the cholesterol level
• Will helps to cleanse the body by eliminating toxic substances
• Cleanses other organs of our body including kidney, pancreas, liver, bladder etc.
• Helps to improve the digestive system
• Helps to improve blood circulation
• Helps to cope with excessive fats in body
• Helps to deal with menstrual problems
• Proves beneficial to cope with acne and pimples
How to us Lemon Grass
Lemon grass can be boiled and consumed in tea form it can also included in diet in many forms. Some people make use of lemon grass oil to add its flavour to food. Lemon grass is best when added in flavour along with ginger.
You can also prepare an extraordinary and medicinal drink with lemon grass. Just take few fresh strands of lemon grass, two to three cloves, a small piece of cinnamon stick, and turmeric powder and boil it with milk. After this mixture is properly boiled, drain it and drink it when it cools down to get relief from cough and cold.
This plant can be easily grown in backyard and resistant to different weather condition.